3t is currently looking to recruit a Crane Driver Instructor on a permanent contract located in Newcastle, UK.
At 3t, we are passionate about up-skilling and empowering workforces to ensure a prosperous future where all workers, organisations and our industries thrive.
3t is the combination of world-leading companies that are together transforming training in the energy, and wider safety-critical sectors, combining cutting-edge immersive technology with award-winning high-impact workforce training. We stand as a global training powerhouse operating across 60 countries worldwide.
Together, we are training the workforce of the future.
3t Training Services is the UK’s largest and leading provider of training for the oil and gas, wind, and power industries, and a major player globally, whilst also making a significant impact on the wider and utilities sectors including gas, electric, and water.
To operate safely and efficiently the company’s cranes in line with manufacturers operating instructions supporting delivery of training courses in a consistent and professional manner.
This role would be ideal for either an experienced Crane Operator with appropriate qualifications or a candidate looking for a career in the heavy lifting industry. Minimum experience is required with some exposure to previous crane driving is ideal. The Company will put you through all of the relevant training to operate our inhouse cranes.
- To operate safely and efficiently the company’s cranes in line with manufacturers operating instructions.
- Undertake familiarisation, training and skills development towards the company’s cranes and plant.
- To operate the onsite cranes and plant in line with provided lift plans, associated briefs and as instructed by the Centre Manager
- Carry out day-to-day checks and maintenance on the company’s cranes.
- Attend any training courses that the company proposes.
- Forklift and plant operation to assist in operations.
- Successfully fulfil your obligations to checking and maintaining company cranes, vehicles and plant.
- Support lifting operations as and when required by the company.
- Demonstrate a personal commitment to Health, Safety and the Environment.
- Apply 3t and where appropriate Client’s HSE Policies and Procedures.
- Ensure that all 3t quality and operational procedures are adhered to at all times.
- Maintain and embrace ownership of departmental policies and procedures.
At 3t our values of Innovation, Collaboration and Excellence are at the heart of what we do and reflect what is important to 3t, how we operate and fulfil our vision. We are looking for future colleagues who believe in the power of working together by being open and respectful, think creatively and dare to be different to find solutions and are dedicated, driven and passionate to strive for excellence. You will:
- Provide technical coaching / professional guidance, and assist in the development of others.
- Demonstrate a calm and systematic approach
- Convey information fluently, interpreting and clarifying details and explaining rationale
- Select and use the best method of communication to ensure understanding
- Advise and guide others
- Use a wide range and depth of technical or specialised knowledge, providing technical leadership and expert advice to others
- Work to develop team spirit and cooperation
- Provide meaningful feedback on a regular, ongoing basis
- Demonstrate excellent organisational and time management skills
- The ability to cope with competing demands and to prioritise tasks
Key skills needed for a crane operator include:
- Crane operator qualifications (NPOR, CPCS) is preferred
- An understanding of how to use and maintain machines and tools
- Good team working skills
- Patience and the ability to remain calm in stressful situations
- Attention to details
- Good spatial awareness
Salary: £24,000.00-£28,000.00 per year