3t is currently looking to recruit an Electrical Instructor on a permanent contract located in Newcastle, UK.
At 3t, we are passionate about up-skilling and empowering workforces to ensure a prosperous future where all workers, organisations and our industries thrive.
3t is the combination of world-leading companies that are together transforming training in the energy, and wider safety-critical sectors, combining cutting-edge immersive technology with award-winning high-impact workforce training. We stand as a global training powerhouse operating across 60 countries worldwide.
Together, we are training the workforce of the future.
3t Training Services is the UK’s largest and leading provider of training for the oil and gas, wind, and power industries, and a major player globally, whilst also making a significant impact on the wider and utilities sectors including gas, electric, and water.
Budget, purchase and stock control:
- Work closely with management, course sales and administration to ensure the highest levels of operational flexibility, customer service and efficiency
- Organise and manage resources to optimise centre profitability
Safety committee member with full responsibility for:
- Responsibility for fire safety within area of work
- Ensure the safety and welfare of trainers, visitors and delegates at all times
- Accountable for ensuring all training equipment, facilities and resources are maintained to a high standard, and inspected in line with statutory requirements
- PPE management and control
Lead on awarding body audits, updates to standards and legal requirements:
- Lead of awarding body audit requirements
- Standardisation of standard / course updates and implementation across team
- Undertake perpetual review of revisions of training standards, course materials & legislation, ensuring that any updates or amendments are incorporated within appropriate course syllabus material
Line management for instructors – manage, motivate & develop:
- Act as role model, setting high personal and professional standards.
- Liaise with fellow Lead Instructors, Instructors & Assessors to provide/ensure standardised and consistent delivery, on-going support, learning and mentoring and engendering a strong team spirit and work ethic at all times
- Manage the Instructor competency development process including personal development plans and appraisal
- Accountable for ensuring all observations on training staff are up to date to ensure they are delivering courses in accordance with the required standards
- Personally, deliver training courses to the highest standards of quality in accordance with the pre-determined syllabus for the course allocated, taking account of the requirements of all applicable training standards, legislation and 3t IMS:
- Supervise the delegates throughout theoretical and practical training sessions ensuring all exercises are conducted in a competent, safe and professional manner. On completion of theoretical and practical training/assessments, compile individual delegate assessments ensuring that all relevant sections are completed and specific comments are detailed.
Courses required to deliver:
- Compex EX01 – 04
- City & Guilds 18th Edition
- Responsible Electrical Person
- GWO Control of Hazardous Energies (COHE)
- GWO Basic Technical Training (BTT) Electrical Module
- Various inhouse HV / LV and awareness courses
Part of what makes 3t successful is the highly motivated people who work here and their enthusiasm for success. We recruit individuals whose honesty, integrity, initiative and creative approach to problem solving shines through.
You will be a highly motivated, driven individual with a commitment to getting things done. The client will be at the centre of everything you do, and you will contribute to the growth and success of our business through your skills and experience. You will have:
- Appropriate subject skills and qualifications
- Teaching skills – Minimum of Level 3 Teaching Award
- Evaluation skills – Minimum of Assessors Qualification & experience in taxonomy
- Completed the Instructor Competency Process for each module of course delivery
- A sound knowledge of industry standards and legislation
- The ability to conduct research, develop course material, advise in delivery, develop team, and deliver courses to high profile delegates
- Operational experience to ensure delivery is appropriate to all level of delegates, creating a world class learning experience
- Strong communication skills
- Excellent organisational and time management skills
- A positive attitude to dealing with people
- A capable hands-on problem-solving approach, with the ability to generate ideas and solutions
- The ability to use own initiative and pay close attention to detail
- The ability to cope with competing demands and to prioritise tasks
- The capability to work independently, having responsibility as an individual, as well as being able to integrate and operate as part of a team