3t is currently looking to recruit a Rigging and Lifting Instructor on a permanent contract located in Newcastle, UK.
At 3t, we are passionate about up-skilling and empowering workforces to ensure a prosperous future where all workers, organisations and our industries thrive.
3t is the combination of world-leading companies that are together transforming training in the energy, and wider safety-critical sectors, combining cutting-edge immersive technology with award-winning high-impact workforce training. We stand as a global training powerhouse operating across 60 countries worldwide.
Together, we are training the workforce of the future.
3t Training Services is the UK’s largest and leading provider of training for the oil and gas, wind, and power industries, and a major player globally, whilst also making a significant impact on the wider and utilities sectors including gas, electric, and water.
To deliver 3t’s approved suite of courses within the given subject area at 3t training centres in a consistent, professional way which reflects 3t’s business integrity and culture.
- To deliver courses as required in line with 3t and accrediting body requirements
- To support customers during course delivery as appropriate
- To obtain positive customer feedback following course completion in line with KPIs set within personal development plan
- To participate in standardisation and continuing professional development events as required
- To provide support to trainee and existing Instructor/Assessors as appropriate
- To support department growth through technical input to new courses, training standards, customer meetings and the continual improvement of existing courses.
- Demonstrate a personal commitment to Health, Safety and the Environment.
- Apply 3t and where appropriate Client’s HSE Policies and Procedures.
- Ensure that all 3t quality and operational procedures are adhered to at all times.
- Maintain and embrace ownership of departmental policies and procedures.
At 3t our values of Innovation, Collaboration and Excellence are at the heart of what we do and reflect what is important to 3t, how we operate and fulfil our vision. We are looking for future colleagues who believe in the power of working together by being open and respectful, think creatively and dare to be different to find solutions and are dedicated, driven and passionate to strive for excellence. You will have:
- Provide technical coaching / professional guidance, and assist in the development of others.
- Demonstrate a calm and systematic approach
- Convey information fluently, interpreting and clarifying details and explaining rationale
- Select and use the best method of communication to ensure understanding
- Advise and guide others
- Use a wide range and depth of technical or specialised knowledge, providing technical leadership and expert advice to others
- Work to develop team spirit and cooperation
- Provide meaningful feedback on a regular, ongoing basis
- Demonstrate excellent organisational and time management skills
- The ability to cope with competing demands and to prioritise tasks
- IOSH Managing Safely
- Level 3 teacher training and assessor’s award
- Assessor Award
- Relevant rigging and lifting qualifications such as OPITO Competence Rigging / Banksman, APML, CPCS, ECITB Moving Loads, Relevant Level 3 NVQ
Courses initially required to deliver:
- OPITO Rigger / Banksman Initial and Competence Courses
- GWO Slinger Signaller
- ECITB APML
- Loler Competence Assessment
- Relevant ECITB trade, technical and knowledge tests
- Other rigging & lifting related short courses as required
Salary: £24,000.00-£35,000.00 per year