3t is currently looking to recruit a Gas and Water Trainer and Assessor on a permanent contract located in Glasgow, Scotland.
At 3t, we are passionate about up-skilling and empowering workforces to ensure a prosperous future where all workers, organisations and our industries thrive.
3t is the combination of world-leading companies that are together transforming training in the energy, and wider safety-critical sectors, combining cutting-edge immersive technology with award-winning high-impact workforce training. We stand as a global training powerhouse operating across 60 countries worldwide.
Together, we are training the workforce of the future.
3t Training Services is the UK’s largest and leading provider of training for the oil and gas, wind, and power industries, and a major player globally, whilst also making a significant impact on the wider and utilities sectors including gas, electric, and water.
To train and assess candidate competence against the awarding organisation standards and enable them to achieve a Vocational Qualification. Training staff are to encourage good learning experience and promote lifelong learning.
- Complete all administrative work linked to the qualification and assessments.
- Keep and maintain accurate records of assessments and paperwork in accordance with awarding organisation requirements.
- Provide prompt information, advice, guidance and constructive feedback to candidate during and after completion of the qualification.
- Make sure that assessment strategies used are inclusive (regardless of gender, age or origin) and be fair, reliable and consistent in assessment decisions.
- Co-operate with the internal quality assurance procedures.
- Be fair, reliable and consistent in assessment decisions.
- Maintain high standards of work at all times, keeping accurate records.
- Ensure that all candidates comply with Health and safety standards.
- Be aware of Equality & Diversity, Safeguarding including the Prevent Duty.
- Work flexibly, which may include weekend work.
- Keep up to date with quality improvement initiatives and to be aware of and meet service standards for the department.
- Be able to assist in implementing new procedures in accordance with the internal quality assurance and Quality Improvement Manager.
- Comply with the Data Protection Act 2018 which is the UK implementation of the European Union General Data Protection Regulation (EU) 2016/679 (GDPR).
At 3t our values of Innovation, Collaboration and Excellence are at the heart of what we do and reflect what is important to 3t, how we operate and fulfil our vision. We are looking for future colleagues who believe in the power of working together by being open and respectful, think creatively and dare to be different to find solutions and are dedicated, driven and passionate to strive for excellence. You will have:
- Provide technical coaching / professional guidance and assist in the development of others.
- Demonstrate a calm and systematic approach
- Convey information fluently, interpreting and clarifying details and explaining rationale
- Select and use the best method of communication to ensure understanding
- Advise and guide others
- Use a wide range and depth of technical or specialised knowledge, providing technical leadership and expert advice to others
- Work to develop team spirit and cooperation
- Provide meaningful feedback on a regular, ongoing basis
- Demonstrate excellent organisational and time management skills
- The ability to cope with competing demands and to prioritise tasks
- 5 years of industry experience
- Preparing to Teach in the Lifelong Learning Sector (PTLLS), Level 4
- Assessing Competence in the Work Environment Level 3, A1 or D32/33 Qualification
- If not already obtained, be willing to work towards the above
Courses initially required to deliver & assess:
- Level 1 Certificate in Network Construction Operations (Gas)
- Level 2 Diploma in Network Construction Operations (Gas) – Main layer
- Level 2 Diploma in Network Construction Operations (Gas) – Service layer
- Gas Escape, Locate & Repair Techniques (Internal – First Call Operative & External –
- Intermediate Pressure Pipelines
- SCO Trainer (Gas)
- Level 1 Certificate in Network Construction Operations (Water)
- Level 2 Diploma in Network Construction Operations (Water) – Main Layer
- Level 2 Certificate in Network Construction Operations (Water) – Service Layer
- Water Hygiene & Scottish Water DOMS
- Utility SHEA’s (Gas, Water)
- New Roads & Streetworks (NRSWA)
Salary: £30,000.00 – £34,000.00 per annum.