3t is currently looking to recruit a Training and Assessment Officer (Power Transmission and Distribution) on a permanent contract located in Manchester.
At 3t, we are passionate about up-skilling and empowering workforces to ensure a prosperous future where all workers, organisations and our industries thrive.
3t is the combination of world-leading companies that are together transforming training in the energy, and wider safety-critical sectors, combining cutting-edge immersive technology with award-winning high-impact workforce training. We stand as a global training powerhouse operating across 60 countries worldwide.
Together, we are training the workforce of the future.
3t Training Services is the UK’s largest and leading provider of training for the oil and gas, wind, and power industries, and a major player globally, whilst also making a significant impact on the wider and utilities sectors including gas, electric, and water.
The main duties will be to carry out training on power transmission and systems and assess learners’ competence in work activities against a national qualification standard.
- Design/deliver high quality training on power transmission & distribution
- Assess learners’ competence in work activities against a national standard
- Support delivery of the technical certificate in Power Engineering
- Delivery of compliance training related to Power Distribution
- Manage learner progress through Power Network Craftsperson Apprenticeship Standard
- Portfolio support
- Mentoring & coaching
Part of what makes 3t successful is the highly motivated people who work here and their enthusiasm for success. We recruit individuals whose honesty, integrity, initiative and creative approach to problem solving shines through.
An inspiration to your colleagues, you are a tenacious, driven and highly motivated professional, with a strong empathy for people. Hungry for success and with a committed motivation to getting things done, you always place the client at the centre of everything you do. You will have:
- Strong communication skills
- Excellent organisational and time management skills
- A positive attitude to dealing with people
- Capable of hands on problem-solving, with ability to generate ideas and solutions
- Ability to use own initiative and pay close attention to detail
- Ability to cope with competing demands and to prioritise tasks
- Capable of working independently, and having responsibility as an individual, as well as being able to integrate and operate as part of a team.
- D32/33 (or equivalent A units) NVQ assessor qualification
- Qualified craftsperson (completion of electrical apprenticeship for example)
- Teaching qualification i.e., PTTLS etc